The result of the donations and sponsorships will allow for more than 650,000 meals to go to feed the estimated 200,000 kids in Arkansas who struggle with childhood hunger. No Kid Hungry works locally through the Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance to provide in state support and knowledge. Through the partnership Arkansas has seen a dramatic drop in childhood hunger after being ranked the #1 state facing the problem in 2009.
This year’s sold out dinner had a capacity crowd of 150 guests and has easily become the top culinary event each year in the city. The dinner featured six courses along with hors d’oeuvre and cocktails from some of the region’s top chefs including:
- Matthew Bell, South on Main
- Cassidee Dabney, The Barn at Blackberry Farm(Walland, TN)
- Brian Deloney, Maddie’s Place
- Kelli Marks, Sweet Love Bakes
- Matthew McClure, The Hive (Bentonville, AR)
- Travis McConnell, Arkansas Fresh Cafe
- Jeff Owen, Ciao Baci
- Matt Lowman, Loblolly
- David Burnette, South on Main
In addition to the attendees, a number of local and national businesses helped support the cause including Citi, Ben E. Keith, Wright Lindsey Jennings, Rick Fleetwood, and The Heritage Company.