Stoby’s in Conway Catches Fire, Closed Until Further Notice

We just received word that famed Conway restaurant, Stoby’s, experienced extensive damage this morning due to fire. The cause was a vent hood malfunction, and the building is likely a total loss.

The owners say that thankfully no employees were hurt, and that they will rebuild as quickly as possible. Full statement from the owner David Stobaugh below


 

advertisement

“This morning, around 6:30am, Stoby’s Conway caught on fire. The fire was a result of a vent hood malfunction. The Conway Fire Department responded very quickly and efficiently and by 7:00am, the fire had been extinguished. The damage to the restaurant is extensive, but could have been much more severe. As of today, Stoby’s Conway is closed until further notice.

Fortunately none of our employees were harmed. Patti and I are blessed to have created something that’s such an integral part of so many people’s lives, and are blessed to consider all of our customers part of the Stoby’s family.

One of my favorite parts of owning the restaurant is hearing how many lives have been impacted by what we have here, how many marriages started with first dates here, how many fundraisers have supported local organizations… I never would have guessed how far-reaching the restaurant would become. We will re-build and re-open as quickly as possible. We have a responsibility to our employees and our customers . We don’t know yet how long it will take to repair the damage, but we’ll do it as quickly as possible so we can get back to doing what we love – feeding our community and providing a livelihood to an outstanding group of employees who we consider family. I ask for people to pray that God give Patti and me wisdom for all the decisions we now face in terms of the rebuilding.”

advertisement
Back
SHARE

Stoby’s in Conway Catches Fire, Closed Until Further Notice