Three Fold Noodles and Dumpling Co. is getting closer to its relocation to Main Street. The restaurant is now targeting the middle of September for its grand opening at 615 Main St., about half a mile away from its current spot on Center St. When the move happens, Three Fold will close for about a week to take care of the transition and get staff trained in the new space. When it relocates, Three Fold will be a sit-down restaurant with an open kitchen so that diners can watch their dishes being made. The new restaurant space will have 550 square feet more than the current location as well as a small patio for some outdoor seating.
As if you needed another reason to come to the Friends and Ben event at The Capital Hotel next month: Ben Edwards himself will be there. Edwards was severely injured in a swimming pool accident in June that left him paralyzed from the chest down. However, he has since been working hard at recovery, and last week his doctors cleared him to make the trip to Little Rock. Edwards was The Capital Hotel’s beverage director, and on Sept. 11, the Little Rock food industry is coming together for the Friends and Ben fundraiser event. Dozens of chefs, bartenders and other industry professionals will be serving up a special dinner with drinks, and guests will also get to participate in a silent auction event. Proceeds will go to help pay for Ben’s medical bills. Tickets are $100 each.
The next several days will have a number of special dinners at restaurants all around the Little Rock area. Here’s a rundown of a few of them:
- Donnie Ferneau Pop-Up Dinner on Saturday, Aug. 26 – Ferneau is working with Legacy Wine and Spirits on this pop-up dinner, a major cookout at Wildwood Park for the Arts. The $50 ticket includes a signature cocktail, the dinner and wine pairings. Tickets go up to $65 the day of the event.
- Table 28 and Rock Town Distillery Whiskey Dinner on Wednesday, Aug. 30 – Two of the city’s best come together for a five-course dinner paired with whiskey and cocktails from Little Rock’s only distillery. Tickets to the event are $90 and must be purchased by calling 501-224-2828.
- The Avenue’s Last Sundays Art and Wine Dinner on Sunday, Aug. 27 – Chef Casey Copeland is kicking off a dinner series on the last Sunday of every month dedicated to wine and artwork. This month, he’s pairing five courses with wine from Steele Winery. Dinner is at 7 p.m. at the restaurant, which is across from Bathhouse Row in Hot Springs. Tickets are $75. Call 501-625-3850 to reserve your seat.
- Viva Vegan’s Tacos, Nachos and Desserts on Friday, Aug. 25 – This little can-do vegan business is close to opening its 12th St. location and is giving the community a taste of its menu from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. Friday evening. All items vegan and gluten-free. No admission is charged, just pay for your food and enjoy!
We mentioned this already in our Growlers feature, but Josiah Moody’s beer will be back in Little Rock tomorrow (Thursday) at Rebel Kettle, starting at 4:30. Moody and Rebel Kettle have a collaboration brew called Hive Riot that I’m told is exceptional (will have to try for myself). In addition, Rebel Kettle will have Moody Brews’ Aria’s Bier on tap. It promises to be a great evening for beer lovers.
Little Rock’s excellent (and perhaps only) pie shop is stretching out. We took a look this week at how Honey Pies is preparing for a much-needed expansion.
West Little Rock has a new sushi spot. Have a peak at our First Look of Ninja Bar, Sushi and Grill.
- March 21 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm at Flyway Brewing
UPDATE: The Audu-Blonde Release has been moved to Wednesday, March 21. Audubon Arkansas and Flyway Brewing are partnering to celebrate our feathered friends AND the beer they inspire! Join us Wednesday March 21 for the 2018 release of Audu-Blonde Ale! Play some ‘Year of the (Arkansas) BirdR...
- March 22 @ 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm at Rebel Kettle Brewing Co.
It’s time to PUCKER UP and POUR IT DOWN! Our PLUM SAISON is a Farmhouse style ale aged and re-fermented with plums. The plums in this beer add a sweetness that softens the edges and enhances the fruity and funky qualities of the beer. With PATIO SEASON in full swing, ...
- March 27 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Flyway Brewing
Join us for game night at Flyway Brewing’s tasting room! Game Goblins, your friendly local game store, will be providing unique, fun games of all types. Come on by from 5pm until 9pm on Tuesday, March 27th, bring a friend or join a group, enjoy a local brew and some ...
- March 31 @ 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm at Growler USA
REBEL KETTLE MAKES ITS WAY TO ROGERS!! Join us at Growlers USA, Saturday, March 31st, at 4pm, for a Tap Invasion and the opportunity to meet our brewing team, Josh, John and staff. Opened in February of last year, Growler USA Rogers is dedicated to pouring 100 percent American-made craft ...
- April 7 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am at Rebel Kettle Brewing Co.
Beer Yoga is back, people! And just in time to help kick off the Rebel Kettle anniversary party! Meet us in the beer garden for some yoga, beer, and good times! Then, stick around after class for the rest of the fun events that Rebel Kettle has planned that day! ...
- April 7 @ 11:00 am - 10:00 pm at Rebel Kettle Brewing Co.
It’s time to come help us celebrate our 2 Year Anniversary with our SECOND ANNUAL BEER & LOATHING IN LITTLE ROCK Music and Craft Beer Festival!! We are kicking off the day with the return of BEER YOGA by Cheers and Namaste Yoga at 10 am. The rest of the ...
- April 7 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm at
Join us Saturday, April 7 from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. for Mudbugs and Bears at Buffalo Alumni Hall before the Purple-Gray spring football game. Tickets are $15 and include crawfish and the fixings catered by Eat My Catfish and beverages from Flyway Brewing.
- April 13 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Dickey-Stephens Park
Food & Foam Fest is a creative twist to the traditional wine tasting event and is a beer sampling event offering samples of over 400 varieties of craft beer from all over the world plus food tastings from generous local restaurateurs.
Yellow Rocket Concepts has unveiled its specials for the month of August:
- Big Orange: Pineapple BBQ Chicken Sandwich and Key Lime Pie Milkshake
- Local Lime: Fried Avocado Tacos with pineapple, lime slaw, and pickled carrots and onions
- Zaza: Ahi Tuna Niçoise Salad with Arkansas cherry tomatoes, green beans and roasted potatoes
Ristorante Capeo’s weekly special is a fresh fish entree. The risotto of the week is made with black truffle oil and mushrooms.