Three Fold Noodles and Dumpling Co. is getting closer to its relocation to Main Street. The restaurant is now targeting the middle of September for its grand opening at 615 Main St., about half a mile away from its current spot on Center St. When the move happens, Three Fold will close for about a week to take care of the transition and get staff trained in the new space. When it relocates, Three Fold will be a sit-down restaurant with an open kitchen so that diners can watch their dishes being made. The new restaurant space will have 550 square feet more than the current location as well as a small patio for some outdoor seating.
As if you needed another reason to come to the Friends and Ben event at The Capital Hotel next month: Ben Edwards himself will be there. Edwards was severely injured in a swimming pool accident in June that left him paralyzed from the chest down. However, he has since been working hard at recovery, and last week his doctors cleared him to make the trip to Little Rock. Edwards was The Capital Hotel’s beverage director, and on Sept. 11, the Little Rock food industry is coming together for the Friends and Ben fundraiser event. Dozens of chefs, bartenders and other industry professionals will be serving up a special dinner with drinks, and guests will also get to participate in a silent auction event. Proceeds will go to help pay for Ben’s medical bills. Tickets are $100 each.
The next several days will have a number of special dinners at restaurants all around the Little Rock area. Here’s a rundown of a few of them:
- Donnie Ferneau Pop-Up Dinner on Saturday, Aug. 26 – Ferneau is working with Legacy Wine and Spirits on this pop-up dinner, a major cookout at Wildwood Park for the Arts. The $50 ticket includes a signature cocktail, the dinner and wine pairings. Tickets go up to $65 the day of the event.
- Table 28 and Rock Town Distillery Whiskey Dinner on Wednesday, Aug. 30 – Two of the city’s best come together for a five-course dinner paired with whiskey and cocktails from Little Rock’s only distillery. Tickets to the event are $90 and must be purchased by calling 501-224-2828.
- The Avenue’s Last Sundays Art and Wine Dinner on Sunday, Aug. 27 – Chef Casey Copeland is kicking off a dinner series on the last Sunday of every month dedicated to wine and artwork. This month, he’s pairing five courses with wine from Steele Winery. Dinner is at 7 p.m. at the restaurant, which is across from Bathhouse Row in Hot Springs. Tickets are $75. Call 501-625-3850 to reserve your seat.
- Viva Vegan’s Tacos, Nachos and Desserts on Friday, Aug. 25 – This little can-do vegan business is close to opening its 12th St. location and is giving the community a taste of its menu from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. Friday evening. All items vegan and gluten-free. No admission is charged, just pay for your food and enjoy!
We mentioned this already in our Growlers feature, but Josiah Moody’s beer will be back in Little Rock tomorrow (Thursday) at Rebel Kettle, starting at 4:30. Moody and Rebel Kettle have a collaboration brew called Hive Riot that I’m told is exceptional (will have to try for myself). In addition, Rebel Kettle will have Moody Brews’ Aria’s Bier on tap. It promises to be a great evening for beer lovers.
Little Rock’s excellent (and perhaps only) pie shop is stretching out. We took a look this week at how Honey Pies is preparing for a much-needed expansion.
West Little Rock has a new sushi spot. Have a peak at our First Look of Ninja Bar, Sushi and Grill.
- September 28 @ 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm at Youth Home, Inc.
Please join us September 28, 2017 at Albert Pike Memorial Center’s Banquet Hall in Downtown Little Rock for an epicurean evening of delights prepared by some of Arkansas’s best chefs—all benefiting Youth Home, Inc. Enjoy a delicious five-course dinner, while watching how the chefs actually pre...
- October 5 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm at Dickey-Stephens Park
Join event chairs Allison and Dr. Gary Nash for a celebration of creating and sharing. Our evening celebrates our work of saving and improving lives as well as those who make the work possible. The Festival of Wines: Cocktails & Cuisine is the largest Wine Festival in Central Arkansas and ......
- October 28 @ 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm at Arkadelphia
Come enjoy the third annual Arktoberfest Craft Beer Festival and Caddo Valley Catfish Cook Off in Arkadelphia, Arkansas! Fun for the whole family including all Arkansas craft beers, a catfish dinner with all the fixins, Arkansas musicians and artisans, free kids’ activities, and more. Come to...
Yellow Rocket Concepts has unveiled its specials for the month of August:
- Big Orange: Pineapple BBQ Chicken Sandwich and Key Lime Pie Milkshake
- Local Lime: Fried Avocado Tacos with pineapple, lime slaw, and pickled carrots and onions
- Zaza: Ahi Tuna Niçoise Salad with Arkansas cherry tomatoes, green beans and roasted potatoes
Ristorante Capeo’s weekly special is a fresh fish entree. The risotto of the week is made with black truffle oil and mushrooms.