Cathead’s Diner has released the menu for its upcoming pop-up at Deluca’s Pizzeria in Hot Springs. Donnie Ferneau and Kelli Marks will be at Deluca’s Saturday for the public’s first chance to taste food from the soon-to-come spot in Little Rock’s East Village. Here’s what you can expect:
- Nacho Average Appetizer – Loaded sausage and pepper biscuit nachos with pimento cheese gravy, green onions, pickled red cabbage, crispy pepperoni and Cathead’s honey hot drizzle
- Cathead’s Piggy Pie – Smoked pork with green chilies and goat cheese topped with hibiscus pickled onions
- Holy Cannoli Dessert – Donut cannoli pizza drizzled with salted caramel sauce
Diners will also have the option of ordering from Deluca’s regular (and terrific) menu. There are still reservations available, but you need to call right now if you plan on being there Saturday. Cathead’s Diner is still under construction and is eyeing an opening date some time this spring.
Before Cathead’s goes to Hot Springs, you can catch Kelli Marks at Eggshells Kitchen Company. Marks is part of a tremendous lineup of classes available at Eggshells in the coming months. Here’s the rundown:
- 8 – Valentine’s baking with Kelli Marks of Cathead’s Diner
- 12 – Riedel wine glass seminar
- 20 – Spicy chicken and biscuits with Matt and Amy Bell of South on Main
- March 7 – Middle-eastern cooking with Zara Abassi of Just Desserts by Zara
- March 12 – St. Patrick’s Day dinner with Amanda Ivy of Low Ivy Catering
- March 14 – Kids’ St. Patrick’s Day treats
- March 22 – Cocktails class with Rob Armstrong of The Fold
- March 26 – Pie class with Sue Lopez of Sue’s Pie Shop
All of these classes still have tickets available, but you should reserve your spot soon. Eggshells classes tend to fill up quickly. You can buy your tickets at Eggshells’ website.
A hard-fought Super Bowl LII ended with the Philadelphia Eagles beating New England, and that actually had a real effect on the menu at South on Main. The restaurant decided to add either a Philly cheesesteak or New England clam chowder to the bar menu depending on the outcome. The Eagles’ win means you can find a very traditional “wiz wit” Philly cheesesteak at the South on Main bar every day. By the way, ticket’s for South on Main’s Love for Flyway beer dinner on Tuesday are almost sold out. Get your spot now by emailing email@example.com.
Poke Hula wants to treat you and a special someone to dinner. The new downtown poke spot is holding a social media giveaway for five couples. The selected winners will get two free poke bowls. Head over to Poke Hula’s Facebook page for the full details; the contest is over on Monday.
At Rock City Eats, we’re devoted to finding new ways to support locally owned restaurants. This week, we’re introducing a gift card giveaway, and all you have to do to enter is eat local! Check out our story for all the details.
Sadly, Little Rock this week has lost one of its truly great restaurants. We reported on the closing of The Southern Gourmasian and what could be coming in the future from chef and owner Justin Patterson.
- February 19 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm at The Capital Hotel
The masterful art of sushi making doesn’t have to be intimidating. Join us for an evening of fun and learning as Georgi McNeal, former sushi chef at Botika in San Antonio, will lead you through all the basics. Learn the art of chopping ingredients, cooking sushi rice, perfecting the rolling ...
- February 25 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Ristorante Capeo
Travel to the northern province of Piedmont, Italy without leaving Arkansas! Chef Eric Isaac will prepare four courses with special wine pairings that will transport you to the foothills of the Italian Alps. Come feast with friends to benefit our 2018 Nonprofit Partner (to be announced on Jan 9th). ...
- February 27 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Flyway Brewing
Game Goblins, your friendly local game store, will be providing unique, fun games of all types. Come on by from 5pm until 9pm on Tuesday, January 27th, bring a friend or join a group, enjoy a local brew and some delicious food.
- March 10 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm at Core Public House – North Little Rock Argenta
Early show. No Cover. Solo acoustic music, great food, and fine Arkansas Craft Beers!
- March 17 @ 9:00 pm - March 18 @ 12:30 am at Dugan’s Pub Little Rock
St. Paddy’s Day at Dugan’s Irish Pub is where ya wanna be this year. Legendary block party, madness ensues. Then, move it all inside the pub for a night of raucous Irish hedonism with Big Red Flag. We’re gonna dust off some old school Irish drinkin’ tunes, along with our ...
- April 13 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Dickey-Stephens Park
Food & Foam Fest is a creative twist to the traditional wine tasting event and is a beer sampling event offering samples of over 400 varieties of craft beer from all over the world plus food tastings from generous local restaurateurs.
- April 19 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm at UA – Pulaski Tech Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute
The University of Arkansas – Pulaski Tech Technical College Foundation and the UA-PTC Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute (CAHMI) present the premier culinary competition and fundraiser—Diamond Chef Arkansas. Diamond Chef Arkansas is a competitive culinary competition that pit...
- April 21 @ 9:00 am at North Little Rock, AR
We’re excited to celebrate 10 years of the B Street Rib Off. Make plans now to join us in April 2018!