The relocation of the Whole Foods Market from Rodney Parham to its new home at 501 S. Bowman Road is nearing completion. The new store is set to open for business on February 18th. That day, there will be free coffee, pastries and a grand opening ceremony from 7:30-8AM, with doors opening for business at 8AM. The first 500 shoppers will receive a Whole Foods Market reusable shopping bag.
Whole Foods Market Little Rock is the only Whole Foods in Arkansas, and the largest retailer of natural and organic foods in the state. To help build the excitement, we wanted to share a few details on the new storefront. The new 34,000 square foot store will be quite larger than the old facility, but what else can we expect as it pertains to food?
Here are some of the details, per Whole Foods Market:
- Enhanced prepared foods grab and go breakfast, lunch and dinner options.
- Coffee and fresh squeezed juice bar featuring Allegro coffee.
- Beer and wine bar with pub style food and 12 taps as well as indoor and outdoor seating. UPDATED (2/5): beer growlers will be available in 16-oz, 32-oz, and 2-L sizes
- Hot BBQ bar featuring in-store smoked meats.
- Expanded seafood department will offer four times as many options as previous department. Whole Foods Market will cut, fillet, season and debone your fish for free, upon request.
- Self-serve hot pizza. Grab and go slices or call ahead and pick up a whole pie.
- Signature sandwich menu created just for Little Rock and build-your-own sandwich options. Whole Foods Market Little Rock Signature Sandwiches include: Clinton Classic– Oven Roasted Turkey, Apple, Brie, Fig Spread, Spring Mix; Chenal Cuban– Roasted Pork Loin, Ham, Dill Pickles, Provolone, Dijon Mustard on a Toasted Baguette; MacAuthur Melt– Classic Tuna Salad, Swiss, Remoulade, Pickled Red Onions Toasted on Marbled Rye; Pinnacle Mountain– Baked Tofu, Avocado, Kale, Cucumber, Hoisin Sauce, Sesame-Ginger Dressing
“As a part of Whole Foods Market’s commitment to the community, the store will host a series of 1 percent community giving days during opening week. Guests can support a different Little Rock nonprofit each day, simply by shopping. The following nonprofit organizations will receive 1 percent of sales on the below dates, and will join the store in opening events:
Wednesday, Feb. 18– Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance
Thursday, Feb. 19 – Arkansas Local Food Network
Friday, Feb. 20 – The One
Saturday, Feb. 21 – Central Arkansas Rescue Effort for Animals (CARE) Sunday, Feb. 22– Wildwood Park for the Arts”
UPDATED (2/5) :: Store Information
“The store was constructed to be environmentally friendly, with several green features:
• Store lighting that automatically dims based on light use from each of our 21 skylights.
• Reclaimed barn wood throughout the store.
• Reclaimed wood gym bleachers repurposed as a bar countertop.
• Electric car charging station and bike racks.”
*Photos courtesy of Whole Foods Market